If your basement smells stale or musty, or you can see damp areas on the walls or floors, you will benefit from a quality dehumidifier.
Moisture migrating through the foundation, or water leaks, can cause high humidity inside your basement and entire home, leading to structural damage, rot, and various health problems. Mold spores and mildew are common causes of asthma or allergenic reactions.
Here are a few indications that you will benefit from a quality dehumidifier:
- The basement air feels stale or clammy
- Odors of mold and mildew are present
- You can see or feel dampness on the exterior basement walls or floor
- Visible mold grows in the corners of your basement
All of these are signs of excessive moisture in your basement, and potential health problems. Oneil Concrete Construction can suggest and install a quality basement dehumidifier to keep your family and your home healthy and safe.